Thursday 20 October 2011

Birthing from within

Ryan and I just finished our last "Birthing from Within" class last night. We were in a small group, just us and one other couple. The facilitator was a wonderful womyn named Sarah, who did such a great job at creating a welcoming and safe place for us to share our stories, fears, and even tears.
Over the last 6 weeks, Wednesday night became something to look forward to, a time when I could dive deep into the depths of my experience of being pregnant, and the huge right of passage that is birth. Even though we learned a lot about the process of birth, what I gained the most was ability to completely trust the process in whatever shape and form it takes. To birth my baby, I too must be reborn.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Our Birthing From Within class also made us feel like we could trust whatever form our birth would take, which turned out extremely valuable! I found it also deepened our intimacy and got Nate & I really sharing the experience together.
    Can't wait to hear about the developments of your journey. Enjoy this time of turning inwards and being with yourself!

    ReplyDelete