Monday 25 June 2012

This is an entry on why I have decided to take a break from Facebook. I find it rather amusing that I need to even address/explain the reasons why this is occuring. Perhaps an explanation is not needed, but more importantly I would like for people to know they can still contact me through more genuine ways. And I hope this is a catalyst for exactly that. I know in myself, I can use this social tool we call Facebook, as a replacement for actually finding time to connect with the people I care and love, or even people I wish to deepen a relationship with. Who knows how many times I have thought of someone, and instead of picking up the phone and calling (which is what we used to do not so long ago) I end up on their Facebook page, and that can feel like enough of a connection at the time. But is it REALLY? That is what I have been asking myself. If I am feeling a lack of more meaningful connections with the people in my life, then get off the couch or computer and do something about it!!! And perhaps instead of when I get up in the morning, instead of checking in with facebook, I can check in with myself. The options may be endless people! As a momma, my time is oh so precious, and sometimes I feel like the days can slip by, without not a lot getting done. I feel like making this change will open up a window of time that I can use more in a creative way. I am also hoping this will allow me to blog/journal more so people can still find out what is going on in my world. And of course I will still put up pictures of Opal as she continues to brighten my world.

Nikki and Opal's email is gaias.gems@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment