Thursday 23 February 2012

Energy creates energy!

What a month this one has been! Each day brings new joys and lessons for expansion. Our precious gem is living up to her names meaning more and more every day. She is full of sweet sounds and even sweeter smiles. She is completely content sitting and watching mamma break a sweat around the house, but she really comes alive when you get down on her level. Our favourite spot is on our big sheep skin in front of the fire. Time seems to melt away when Opals got you in her grasp. She holds you there with over the top gibberish (which I know is definitely NOT gibberish) and the shared excitement of discovering her bodies great abilities. She is very comfortable in her body, and loves to use it. In the morning, after a few good smiles, she wants to get standing and feel the strength of her legs holding her up. Other times, she likes to get to know her voice. Mamma can have a quick shower, while she tells the ceiling all about her life!

This month has been busy, but unlike the last few with visiting, this one is filled with things around the house. We moved into our home in the summer, and we love it completely. But Ryan was so busy working and I was busy being pregnant, we never really settled in. Sure we unpacked, and made the place relatively homey, but not really homey. I didn't even do the whole "nesting" thing either, at the end of my pregnancy. But oh am I nesting now! Well perhaps I am more then just nesting, I am evolving. See, I always admired people who made their lives artful, like their home, their expression, their cooking, their very being oozing yummy artfulness. I considered myself an artist but not in that way. I didn't have the will. But since Opal has been born, the will was been birthed along with her. All of a sudden, my life has this great meaning. Of course Opal is a major part of that, but I am still here too. In realising that I am a mother, I am discovering that I can be so much more then that. If I can conceive, grow, and birth this incredible human, then I can conceive. grow and birth anything! So far this new discovery has helped me finally get my home organised. Of course this is still a work in progress (Ryan asked what am I going to do when all the rooms are organised and put together, I said I would finally learn how to sow!).


Well I am a little obsessed with chalkboard paint at the moment. If I'm not careful, my whole house might become a giant chalkboard! It is just so darn useful, and it adds a lovely addition to any room. I even painted the inside of a cupboard door to write food menu ideas on. Yesterday, in the music room/ my closet, I pained the closet doors with chalkboard paint, so Ryan could have a place to jot down lyrics or cords.

OK, seriously can't get enough of that face!

Did I mention I am in love with this little gal? Well I am! Opal, your the best daughter this mamma could of asked for. Keep on meltin my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment